عنوان مقاله [English]
In recent decades, the role-playing of the media has paved the way for the emergence of a new discourse named popular geopolitics that has the potential to link public opinion to geographical policies. Researchers in the context of popular geopolitics seek to evaluate methods of representing geographical phenomena and geopolitical events in media such as cinema. The current study, given the significance of The Concept of the Political as a kind of discourse in popular geopolitics and its impact on public opinion, seeks to choose the Middle East geopolitical region as the subject of the Hollywood cinema representation to examine the structures that try to guide public opinion and increase its power in the region with the help of The Political tools such as political romanticism and political theology. In this context, selected works of cinema made during the presidencies of George W. Bush and Barack Obama between 2000 and 2015 have been selected for this analysis.
10. Dodds, Klaus. (2005). Global geopolitics: A critical introduction. Pearson Education.
11. Dodds, Klaus. (2006). Popular geopolitics and audience dispositions: James Bond and the internet movie database (IMDb). Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers, 31(2), 116-130.
12. Dodds, Klaus. (2007). Geopolitics: A very short introduction. OUP Oxford.
13. Dodds, Klaus. (2008). Hollywood and the Popular Geopolitics of the War on Terror, Third World Quarterly, 29(8), 1621-1637.
14. Dodds, Klaus. (2008). Screening terror: Hollywood, the United States and the construction of danger. Critical Studies on Terrorism, 1(2), 227-243.
15. Donzé-Magnier, Mahault. (2017). Edward Said: Orientalism.
16. Gazetas, Aristides. (1997). Imagining selves: the politics of representation, film narratives and adult education (Doctoral dissertation, University of British Columbia).
17. Hall, Stuart. (Ed.). (1997). Representation: Cultural representations and signify- ing practices (Vol. 2). Sage. https://georgewbush whitehouse. Archives. gov /news/releases/2008/09/20080911- 3.html, Retrieved in: September 11, 2008.
18. Jacobs, Christopher P. (1999). Development of the Cinema. Guide to the Silent Years of American Cinema. Guide to the Silent Years of American Cinema, Greenwood Press.
19. Kurečić, Petar. (2015). Identity and Discourse in Critical Geopolitics: A Framework for Analysis. In SOCIETY & TECHNOLOGY/DRUŠTVO I TEHNOLOGIJA, DIT-2015–Dr. Juraj Plenković.
20. Kuus, Merje. (2010). Critical geopolitics. In Oxford Research Encyclopedia of International Studies.
21. Luisetti, Federico. (2011). Carl Schmitt and Giorgio Agamben. From Biopolitics to Political Romanticism. Journal of Philosophy of Life, 1(1), 49-58.
22. Obama, Barack. (2006). Floor Statement on Iraq Debate, in access at: http://obamaspeeches.com/080-Iraq-Debate-Obama-Speech.htm, Retrieved in: June 21, 2006.
23. Obama, Barack. (2014). Being the Best Hammer Doesn't Mean Every Problem is a Nail: Barack Obama. In access at: https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/being the best hammer doesnt mean every problem is a nail barack obama-564430, Retrieved in: May 28, 2014.
24. Pinkerton, Alasdair, and Matt Benwell. (2014)."Rethinking popular geopolitics in the Falklands/Malvinas sovereignty dispute: Creative diplomacy and citizen statecraft." Political Geography, 38, 12-22.
25. Rae, Gavin. (2016). The Theology of Carl Schmitt’s Political Theology. In the Problem of Political Foundations in Carl Schmitt and Emmanuel Levinas (pp. 27-58). Palgrave Macmillan, London.
26. Sahafzadeh, Alireza. (2010). The Art of Identity and the Politics of Representation. Second Edition, Tehran: Bidgol Press. [In Persian]
27. Said, Edward. (2019). Orientalism. Lotfali Khanji. Fifth edition, Tehran: Amirkabir Press. [In Persian]
28. Schmitt, Carl. (1986). Political romanticism, trans. G. Oakes.
29. Schmitt, Carl. (2014). Political Theology: Four Chapters on Sovereignty. Leyla Chamankhah, Volume II, Tehran: Negah Moaser Press. [In Persian]
30. Schmitt, Carl. (2016). the concept of the political. Soheil Safari, Volume II, Tehran: Negah Moaser Press. [In Persian]
31. Schmitt, Carl. (2019). Political Romanticism. Nayreh Tavakoli, Volume I, Tehran: Parseh Book Press. [In Persian]
32. Sirczuk, Matías. (2018). Political Theology and Modernity. Is Carl Schmitt Useful for Post Foundational Political Thought? National Scientific and Technical Research Council.
33. Strong, Tracy B. (2011). Carl Schmitt: political theology and the concept of the political.
Tuathail, Gearóid Ó & John, Agnew. (1992). Geopolitics and discourse: practi- cal geopolitical reasoning in American foreign policy. Political geography,11 (2), 190-204.