عنوان مقاله [English]
Iran and Turkey have been in Competition for regional hegemony for a long time in the result of their geopolitical situattion. The history of Iran-Turkey Competition goes back to the ottoman-safavi governments. The new round of Iran-Turkey is started after the end of cold war in the central Asia and Middle East regions. The Arab world upheavals intensified Iran-Turkey competition and lead them toward a kind of regional balance of power.
Using the descriptive-analytical and statistical method, and also a realistic approach we are going to assess the effects of Arab world upheavals on Iran-Turkey regional competition.
Our findings are the following:
1. Iran and Turkey national interest are at odds and considered as regional rival in the result of their geoplitical status.
2. The new round of Iran-Turkey competition is started after the end of cold war.
3. Iran and Turkey are trying to become the regional hegemon country.
4. The Arab world upheavals intensified Iran-Turkey competition.
5. After the Arab world upheavals, the regional status of Iran is enhanced more than Turkey.
After the Arab world upheavals in perticular during the Syria and iraq crisis, Iran-Turkey regional competition intensified and they moved toward a kind of regional balance of power that affected the regional alliance or constellations. Turkey failure in achiving to its regional objectives decreased Turkey regional status and enhanced Iran position in the region. In fact, in the Middle East, infra region powers have the dominant status and play more important role in compare with regional powers.
Turkey regional policy adopted by justise and development party(AKP) after the arab world upheavals in syria and iraq had negative consequences for turkey regional status and enhanced iran regional position. Turkey failure in the Syria and Iraq showed that turkey didn’t have enough power to reach to its regional goals.