Ahmadypour, Z & Karimi, M (2015). The Relation between Peace Education and Environmental Sustainability. Paper presented at the 4th International Conference on Education [in Persian].
Boutros-Ghali, B (1992). An Agenda for Peace: Preventive Diplomacy, Peacemaking, and Peace-Keeping: Report of the Secretary-General Pursuant to the Statement Adopted by the Summit Meeting of the Security Council on 31 January 1992 (Vol. 1247): UN.
Bush, K (2008). The peace-building role of local governments. City Diplomacy: The role of local governments in conflict prevention, peace-building, postconflict reconstruction. The Hague: VNG International.
Cady, D (2010). From warism to pacifism: A moral continuum: Temple University Press.
Cortright, D (2008). Peace: A history of movements and ideas: Cambridge University Press.
Dabo, A, Salmon, J; Venancio, M & Keuleers, P (2012). Local Governance, Peace Building and State Building in Post-Conflict Settings: Draft United Nations Development Programme discussion paper. Available online at http://uncdf. org/gfld/docs/post-conflict. pdf.
De Tocqueville, A (1967). Democracy in America. Translated by Rahmatollah Moghadam. Tehran: Zovar Press[in Persian].
Evans, I; Lane, J; Turner, M & Pealer, J (2013). A Conceptual Model of Peace building and Democracy Building: Integrating the Fields
Franks, J (2006).Rethinking the roots of terrorism: Palgrave Macmillan Basingstoke, NY.
10. Galtung, J (1991). Peace with peaceful means: PRIO.
11. Girardin, B (2012). Ethics in Politics: Why it matters more than ever and How it can make a difference Geneva, Switzerland: Globethics (online version: from web site: www.globethics.net).
12. Harbom, L; Högbladh, S & Wallensteen, P (2006). Armed conflict and peace agreements. Journal of Peace Research, 43(5), 617-631.
13. Heywood, A (2011). Global politics: Palgrave Macmillan.
14. Hyden, G; Court, J; & Mease, K (2003). CIVIL SOCIETY AND GOVERNANCE IN 16 DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. World Governance Survey Discussion Paper 4, London: Overseas Development Institute (ODI).
15. IEP. (2014a). Global Terrrosim Index Report. Retrieved 7 April, 2015, 2015, from: economicsandpeace.org/wp-content/uploads/.../Terrorism-Index-Report.pdf.
16. IEP (2014b). Pillars of Peace. Institutue for Economics and Peace.
17. Kant I (1970) Perpetual peace: A philosophical sketch: Cambridge University Press Cambridge.
18. Karimi, M (2016). Expounding the Pattern of Peac Building in Geographic Regions; a Case Study of EU Region. PhD Dissertation, Tehran: Tarbiat Modares University [in Persian].
19. Klem, M & Frerks, G (2008). How local governments contribute to peace-building.
20. Large, J (2001). The Interplay of Domestic, Regional and International Forces in Peacebuilding. Committee for Conflict Transformation Support Newsletter, 13.
21. Lassen, D. D (2000). Political Accountability and the Size of Government: Theory and Cross-Country Evidence: EPRU Working Paper Series.
22. Lederach, J. P (2001). Civil society and reconciliation. Turbulent peace: The challenges of managing international conflict, 841-854.
23. Lerner, J. S & Tetlock, P. E (1999). Accounting for the effects of accountability. Psychological bulletin, 125(2), 255.
24. Musch, A & Sizoo, A (2008). City Diplomacy: The Role of Local Governments in Conflict Prevention, Peace-building, Post-conflict Reconstruction: VNG International.
25. Musch, et al (2006) City Diplomacy. The Role of Local Governments in Conflict Prevention, Peace-building, Post-Conflict Reconstruction. The Hague: VNG International, 47-74.
26. Page, J (2008). Philosophy of peace education. 2008 Encyclopedia of Peace Education, 55-78.
27. Papisca, A (2008). International Law And Human rights as a legal basis for the international involvement of local governments VNG International.
28. Parsa, Alireza (1998). Environment and Human Rights. Political&Economic Ettelaat, No. 135-136. Pp: 130-139 [in Persian].
29. Ramos, A. P & Moor, M (2008). Local Democracy, the tie that binds us: Post-conflict Reconstruction: VNG International.
30. Risley, P; & Sisk, T (2005). Democracy and United Nations Peace-building at the Local Level: Lessons Learned. Stockholm: International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance.
31. Rossi, U; & Vanolo, A (2011). Urban political geographies: A global perspective: Sage.
32. Smith, D (2004).Towards a strategic framework for peacebuilding: Getting their act together: Roayl Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
33. Smith, R (2008). The utility of force: the art of war in the modern world: Random House LLC.
34. Todaro, M (1987). Economic Development in the Third World. Translated by Gholamali Farjadi. Tehran: Organization of Planning and Budget Press[in Persian].
35. UCLG (2007). Final report on the activities implemented by UCLG city diplomacy committee. Barcelona.
36. Van der Pluijm, R & Melissen, J (2007). City diplomacy: the expanding role of cities in international politics: Netherlands Institute of International Relations Clingendael.
37. Van Overbeek, F (2007). City Diplomacy: The Roles and Challenges of the Peace Building Equivalent of Decentralized Cooperation: Universiteit Utrecht.
38. Veysi, H; Ahmadypour, Z & Ghalibaf, M Bagher (2012). Pathology of Local States: a Case Study of Iraninan Metropolises. Spatial Planning and Arrangement, No, 2, Pp, 19-36[in Persian].
39. Waldron, J. (2014). Accountability: Fundamental to Democracy. NYU School of Law, Public Law Research Paper(14-13).